Here are some quick steps to help with debugging for WebXR. These things are LIFE CHANGING for WebXR development! Note: the steps are specific to Windows OS.
pathin the windows search and hit enter on
Edit the system environment variables
- Paste the location of adb.exe. The location should be something like this
- Restart your computer
- Open your WebXR Project (Starter Template for BabylonJS Here)
- Run the project
- Open Firefox on PC
- Connect to Oculus Quest to PC with USB
- Click the menu on the right of the Firefox browser
- Then select
- Open cmd or windows terminal
- List connected devices:
- Set the reverse device id:
adb reverse -s <ID from device attached above>
- Reverse the port and update to the port you are using:
adb reverse tcp:8080 tcp:8080
- If it gets disconnected (sometimes it does) just rerun the last cmd to reconnect.
- On the Oculus headset go to
8080to your port)
That's it! You are now running localhost on your VR headset and the debug output on your PC.