*blows dust off of blog
Not like I missed a post or anything. Hope everyone has been doing well this past week.
Things I learned/did last week:
- I learned how to leverage retries in rxJava for web service calls. There's a handy guide on rxJava error handling operators here if you need it. But what I used boiled down to:
Callable.fromAction(() -> webserviceClientOrWhatever.makeHttpCall()) .retry(3) .subscribe(() -> log.info("Look mom I'm on Dev!"));
I'm looking forward to leveraging it more in future projects now. It's some powerful stuff.
- I learned the differences between Subject types in rxJS.
- Subject: doesn't keep a history of events.
- BehaviorSubject: when subscribed to, gives you the last emitted value.
- ReplaySubject: keeps a history of values so a new subscriber can replay play those.
- I learned to how to setup TravisCI for basic-music-player. Excited to build out the CI pipeline.
Some articles I read:
- Once a month I read a post about emotional intelligence. I think it's a good reminder to be more mindful of yourself.
- Found out about Pop OS, a new Linux distro built by System76 from this dev article by Jeremy Morgan.
Hope everyone had a good week, if you did anything cool you want to share let me know in the comments. Be seein' ya 🤠 🐮
Top comments (0)