Sometimes restart PC with
ctrl + alt + delete
not working and you should to press the power button but this is not recommended because can damage computer performance
Usually I use this way to resolve that:
ALT + PrntSct/SysRq
(which is the Print Screen key) while slowly typing
will get you safely restarted.
will do a shutdown rather than a restart.
Here are the steps each button performs:
- R: Switch the keyboard from raw mode to XLATE mode
- E: Send the SIGTERM signal to all processes except init
- I: Send the SIGKILL signal to all processes except init
- S: Sync all mounted filesystems
- U: Remount all mounted filesystems in read-only mode
- B: Immediately reboot the system, without unmounting partitions or syncing