Number one and most important is: Dev.to community Rocks!!! Hell Yeah!!!
I need to tell you a "secret" before the start... I have moved my blog through
Own blog site >
Medium and now
Dev.to. Always we are moving around, but this time I feel it's different.
Medium and the other blog sites are excellent platforms, but you are publishing specific content articles in the middle of nowhere. It's a stone falling down into the deep sea and not even cause little waves.
On the other hand, when you publish an article in Dev.to it's relative the same, but this stone it's falling down directly into Dev/Tech's sea. The same stone makes huge waves ready for fun... so, let's go, surf the web.
- Stats, really it's an important thing to implement on Dev.to, as core functionality or using alternatives like Google Analytics.
- Feature Image with Focal point, that thing it's awesome. When you share the post on social networks, because focus image content where you want, no matters the dimensions.
- Can make money with Partner Program ... sadly not for me, because I don't live in the USA. It would be cool to have that.
But there is one thing that I not gonna miss:
- Comment and Articles are treated as equals. That's the most annoying thing that I ever used in a blog platform.
- We need to use the gist to see code format with syntax highlighting.
- Markdown. I can use tables again and a lot of other tags. Perfect for Nerds and Geeks.
- His own Twitter channel promote best articles
- Publish from RSS and canonical URL that don't affect Google SEO, avoiding detected as duplicated content.
- Can create or join Organization.
- Open Source Project.
- Follow people and tags.
- Liquid tags, that thing is awesome.
- And again... an amazing community with a hunger for knowledge and help each other.
Ben Halpern@bendhalpernA small reflection on the past 24 hours or so
dev.to/ben/ah-to-be-t…19:52 PM - 09 Aug 2018
I really encourage Dev/Tech people and companies to do the same. What are you waiting for?
That's All Folks!
Happy Coding 🖖