Number one and most important is: Dev.to community Rocks!!! Hell Yeah!!!
I need tell you a "secret" before start... I have moved my blog through
Own blog site >
Medium and now
Dev.to. Always we are moving around, but this time I feel it's different.
Medium and the other blog sites are excellent platforms, but you are publishing specific content article in the middle of nowhere. It's a stone falling down into the deep sea and not even cause little waves.
In the other hand, when you publish a article in Dev.to it's relative the same, but this stone it's falling down directly into Dev/Tech's sea. Same stone makes huge waves ready for fun... so, let's go, surf the web.
- Stats, really it's an important thing to implement on Dev.to, as core functionality or using alternatives like Google Analytics.
- Feature Image with Focal point, that thing it's awesome. When you share the post on social networks, because focus image content where you want, no matters the dimensions.
- Can make money with Partner Program ... sadly not for me, because don't live in USA. It would be cool have that.
But there is one thing that I not gonna miss:
- Comment and Articles are treated as equals. That's the most annoying thing that I ever used in a blog platform.
- Need to use gist to see code format with syntax highlighting.
- Markdown. I can use tables again and a lot of other tags. Perfect for Nerds and Geeks.
- His own Twitter channel promote best articles
- Publish from RSS and canonical URL that don't affect Google SEO, avoiding detected as duplicated content.
- Can create or join Organization.
- Open Source Project.
- Follow people and tags.
- Liquid tags, that thing is awesome.
- And again... an amazing community with hunger for knowledge and help each other.
Ben Halpern@bendhalpernA small reflection on the past 24 hours or so
dev.to/ben/ah-to-be-t…19:52 PM - 09 Aug 2018
I'm really encourage Dev/Tech people and companies do the same. What are you waiting for?
That's All Folks!
Happy Coding 🖖