Vimium is a Chrome extension that provides keyboard-based navigation and control in the spirit of the Vim editor. The idea is to create a browser that behaves more like vim does.
As a developer, it is important to have a good editor. You can't work efficiently in notepad, you need something better. Meet vim.
Vim is a programmers editor and it can increase your productivity, if you are new to vim I recommend these exercises.
There are many reasons to learn vim
- Vim is always available everywhere
- Vim increases your productivity
- Vim can be used in ssh, terminal and GUI
- Vim-mode is available in visual studio, jetbrains and other IDEs
- It's on every server you will ever login to
- It is very powerful
If you use vim a lot, you will like vimium.
- vimium is a keyboard navigation addon for chromium.
- vimium is similar to vim in that it takes advantage of VI like key bindings
- open and close new tabs
- go to new tabs or scroll around existing ones
- open new horizontal or vertical tabs next to each othe
- navigate the web without your fingers ever leaving the keyboard!
It is keyboard-friendly, vim-like browser based on PyQt5.
- Minimalist UI
- Comfortable and powerful keyboard-driven UI
- Tabbed browsing
- Vim-like keybindings
- Session management
- Web Panels (i.e. bookmarklets)