Hello Everyone, This blog is special. This blog is about Eddie Jaoude and EddieHub. I have been a part of EddieHub for the past four months now and the journey is amazing so far. I have become a better version of myself in this short span of time. Do you want to become a better version of yourself in front of your local community / Profession / World then follow along with me in this blog?
Eddie is GitHub Star and GitHub Star of the Year!
He has worked in developer relations as a senior software engineer and senior developer advocate for over 15 years. He is passionate about open source, culture, and community, best practices, speaking at conferences around the world to promote these topics, and documenting all of this for the wider community. He is also passionate about diversity and inclusion in tech and supports a number of amazing communities. You can contact him on Twitter | LinkedIn | GitHub | Discord
EddieHub is an open-source organization focusing on reciprocal collaboration between members of the tech community; to encourage and promote communication, best practices, and technical expertise in an inclusive and welcome environment.Visit.
- We believe Open Source is for everyone, yes you! OPEN SOURCE is NOT about code, it is about people and collaboration
- We are invested in getting you those green squares on GitHub! Contributing to Open Source Software (OSS) is a great way for you to learn, work with different people and also network.
- Sign In/ Login to your GitHub account
- Click here
- Fill out the details on the issue template and submit
- You will receive an invitation immediately. Click on the link and accept the invitation (The invitation link may come to email as well so keep an eye on it as well)
- Make sure you go here, search your name and make the visibility public so that it shows up on your profile
- Then join up to Discord server here. Trust me this is where the entire community is active 24/7.
- Want to showcase your membership with EddieHub then use #EddieHub tag on Insta, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- You'll find awesome people here who will guide you and if you're a beginner in open source.
- If you get stuck somewhere feel free to ask for help in the community, you'll find someone who can help you for sure and others will learn along too!
- We have a whole bunch of discord channels, events especially for beginners who want to scale and grow more.
- Also there are many giveaways happening all the time. You can take part in them and win swags, conference tickets, discount coupons, etc.
- You get to interact live with Eddie Jaoude and many other awesome people and seek guidance from them.
- We do have fun activities hopping around the server from time to time.
- There are 2 weekly live streams Specifically on Monday and Friday. We review open-source projects on non-other than our members. We help them get good collaborators/ contributors.
- There is a monthly community call (Last Saturday of every month). Where everyone practices public speaking. Everyone shares their experience their thoughts etc.
- We also conduct Twitter spaces for healthy debates and some quick guidance talks.
- We help members grow their projects and their skills in all aspects. We help them improve.
- We appreciate the achievement of all Hubbers and motivate them to do more.
- We have Community partners who are doing amazing in their respective domains. They can help you tune with your expertise and grow.
- We encourage students to learn in public
- We take part in Hackathons and Guild events and all of us make awesome project and tools that would pop out of your Resume / CV
Absolutely yes!!! There are many motivational and guidance videos by Eddie Jaoude on his Youtube Channel.
Follow the steps mentioned in "How to get involved with EddieHub?" and you are good to go.
No! We believe that open source is for everyone even if you are not a coder. EddieHub is flexible for anyone with any knowledge and background
Of course, We don't code the entire day. We take breaks, we share jokes, fun facts, we play games, we do live streams for fun.
You should be enthusiastic about open source, community, collaboration, teamwork that's it!
If you are active enough. You actually achieved many things. You achieved
- Good friends
- Best mentors
- Confidence & Motivation
- Knowledge & Awareness
- Everything you need to succeed in your career
I hope it helped. If it did then don't forget to like it. And if you have any suggestions or want anything to be added then please let me know in the comments below. I will add it as time permits
🌏 Like | Follow | Share 🌏