In this article, I going to tell you about the new GitHub Codespaces feature(VSCode in browser https://github.com/codespaces) beta version detailed review.
- Basic Intro
- React app Editing and adding files(With dependencies and trying to run the app in codespaces using interactive terminal) whole detail experience with snaps detailed description and other functionalities
- Future Predictions(New features) Github Codespaces 🔥
Basically Github codespaces are your instant dev environment in the browser itself and
Code without compromise Code, build, test, debug, and deploy with a complete development environment in your browser.you can install extensions, or else you can connect through Vscode to your system now you can commit from anywhere using mobile to you can do major changes in code too because we are getting Code, build, test, debug, and deploy with a complete development environment in your browser. you can do everything as all git functionalities are there and dependencies everything is there🔥🌠.
React app Editing and adding files(With dependencies and trying to run the app in codespaces using interactive terminal) whole detail experience with snaps detailed description and other functionalities 🔽🌠
- First Step for accessing GitHub codespaces you need to signup for 👉GithubCodespaces after a few days you will get an email and as GitHub suggests use a chromium-based browser for codespaces best experience currently they giving access to few bunches of users so you may need to wait. after doing that you will get an option like 🔽 From that, you can open your project in the Codespaces browser itself and you have to create codespaces for each project currently they are providing 2 to beta users so after opening the project you will get a window like this(use chrome new stable version best experience)🔽
- Only Linux containers are supported.
- A codespace is not fully resumable. Processes that were running at the time the codespace was stopped will not be restarted.
and for reinitializing codespaces, it is to a long time so I run
npm starti can able to see a warning for live preview I am not able to view that but we can launch in chrome against the chrome.
- Ex:-CTRL+N new file everyhting like Vscode shortcut keys
- CTRL+SHIFT+X for viewing extensions or else you can add extensions from there also
For keyboard shortcuts use CTRL+K CTRL+S
Codespaces is having everything like VScode like changing themes and adding installing dependencies and all but one feature is eye-catching **Live Sharing *
We can do live sharing in Github Codespaces and we can add colleagues or friends project partners to our project so we both can do changes same time that is awesome 🔥😎🌠✨
So as they say we are going to announce pricing for more codespaces and supporting more users for codespaces like add more contributors to your codespaces (you can add more contacts by using sharing links associated with codespaces) after launching the stable version this will be like Pro feature on GitHub profile more private repos pay for that.
Great Feature now we can do commits from anywhere but wait for stable version for getting resume and pause codespaces and if once codespaces stopped not restarted again.
I love it
you can know more about GitHub codespaces on Documentation
- If I am able to help you or give some knowledge to you then BuyMeMilkHere🧃
Thank you have a great day ahead.