I see three main reasons why developers should write:
- Sharing knowledge: communicate their ideas and thoughts to a larger audience and help others learn more
- Building a personal brand
- Learning: writing can be a way to structure their thoughts and consolidate their knowledge
However, there are many other ways devs could reach the same objectives.
- Use videos or teach live lessons
- Be a speaker, panelist, building in public, contributing to projects etc.
- Using diagrams, building prototypes, or just reading
So, why do you write or don't write?