How to become an effective programmer?
I know many of has have this question in our minds especially students and people who are new to coding. Now just like any other skill, coding doesn't have a right or wrong way of learning. This is one of the reasons it's easy to get misguided as a beginner.
So what it actually takes to be an effective programmer?
Here are few tips which have helped me to improve both as a dev & as a student:
- Start learning about Data Structures & Algorithms early (start with basics)
- Don't skip the maths (knowing basics can go a long way)
- Start building things (learn as you go)
- Collaborate & Code
- Participate in coding competitions & hackathons
- Build an online presence with a developer profile
Feel free to share your own tips which have helped you to improve as a developer in the discussion/comments.