I got my first interview call after 10 months
Divyesh Parmar Jun 5
I am from India have been out of college since last August '17 and have been practicing Node.js/Express.js and created some web apps I also get to know how to work with MongoDB.
Last week I started applying through AngelList, and I got a call today stating that they would like to have an phone interview with me first and then if needed they would go with in person interview.
Can you guys suggest me something to prepare? also what should I expect in terms of salary (their stated cap is ₹500k per annum) and other general information that I should be looking for?
EDIT: they scheduled the interview just after 1.5 hours.
It was pretty nervous interview
I have been asked following questions:
- what are promises in JS?
- Explain Lexical Scope
- What is Closures ( I knew it, but I got so nervous that I didn't answer)
- Callbacks, and how is it different from Promises
- what are node.js event loop ( which I got so nervous and wasn't able to say anything)
- difference between double equals and triple equals
- About SQL databases
- Entity-Relationship models
- which one would I choose for what kind of application SQL or No SQL? ( which again made me confused while answering)
- have I used any design models (he also used the word patterns) while creating an application with end-to-end start with the database
-------- I answered that with " I used to create different entities the database, then create their tables and would try to find the relevance between the columns in tables, Would also set the foreign keys and primary keys.
( I know I would be completely wrong here, I would read more about this and work on it.)
- if I have worked with front-end frameworks ( which I haven't yet )
- how would I render docs from MongoDB with promises
- what are anonymous functions.
Looking forward to advice/information and learning from you guys.