In addition of my participation for the 4th time in a row, This year report will focus on my activity as Maintainer.
Some projects ideas can start from a colleague tweet.
This idea behind
github-slug-action is one of them (tweet in French)
AntoineMéausoone [Ξ]@EmmanuelDemey @github @Firebase J'ai commencé à jouer avec Hugo, Gcloud, kubernetes, et avec le marketplace, j'ai trouvé des actions super rapidement. Par contre, je n'ai pas trouvé l'équivalent d'un CI_COMMIT_REF_SLUG de gitlabci, et qui bien bien pratique.21:20 PM - 05 Nov 2019
SLUG variable need, I start to develop my first GitHub Action. Using docker-based container and some bash script with
cut, I create the first version of this action quickly.
github-slug-action start to be used by multiples projects and some enhancements have been asked.
This lead to a version bump to
2.x due to a breaking change in April 2020. Due to that breaking change, I take the decision to change my branching strategy to adopt a
vX.Y branch naming to better manage this type of change.
master branch have been depreciated
Due to changes into the branches management, the
master branch is not longer supported and will be removed in few months (EOL: 2020-10-25).
After a search, here is the list of projects who use
master branch for this action inside their workflows.
- [x] danielr1996/docker-action-multitag#4
- [x] doerfli/feedscraper#93
- [x] patou/liste-envies#97
- [ ] kingkool68/testing-github-actions#1
- [x] TardisBank/TardisBank#48
- [x] feinoujc/node-app#1
- [x] dormdev/dormdev#5
- [x] 7mind/izumi-docker#1
- [x] elmerfdz/rebuild-dndc#31
- [x] VladPodilnyk/d4s-example#2
- [x] LuanaFn/avas-denuncia-backend#12
- [x] time-machine-project/requests-for-comments#9
- [x] chiffre-io/push#44
- [x] elmerfdz/docker-traktarr#8
- [x] elmerfdz/docker-statping#15
- [x] yngwi/requests-for-comments_test#6
- [x] jupitermoney/base-images#2
- [x] elmerfdz/docker-bind#5
- [x] zio/izumi-reflect#21
- [x] PlayQ/d4s#48
- [x] doerfli/rss-mock-server#8
- [x] thecodingmachine/workadventure#58
- [ ] voxeet/voxeet-uxkit-react#2
- [x] Meemaw/Insight#17
- [ ] kingkool68/wordpress-child-themes#25
A removal of the
master branch have been plan 6-months later. This work is complete.
Some repositories still used the
master branch and a pull-request to migrate have been created of each of them during October before the
master branch deletion.
Dependabot to manage versions of used GitHub Actions in your workflows
Currently, a docker-based GitHub Action can only run on Linux-based workflows.
Thanks you @boolooper for the reporting.
On maintained branches, all impacted versions have been updated to fix this CVE and an advisory have been created on the project : GHSA-7f32-hm4h-w77q.