This week, I am going to show you how to beautify your terminal.
I am very excited✨ about this topic as I always wanted my terminal to stand out and look amazing.
To be consistent and beautiful on windows and macOS and Linux, I started using hyper.
- Hyper is an Electron-based terminal.
- Built on HTML/CSS/JS.
- Fully extensible.
I am a web developer and I am amazed at how they made such a powerful terminal.
Okay enough of talking, let's see how to config the hyper terminal.
We have to connect hyper to bash to use bash shell commands in it.
I assume that you have Git for Windows installed. if you don't, follow this guide. With that done, follow the steps:
- hyper automatically add PATH to your environmental variables, check if they exist or not, and restart your PC after installing Hyper.
- If PATH is not set then set by clicking the top left burger menu (☰) ⟹ Plugins ⟹ install Hyper CLI command in PATH.
- Now, we just have to copy-paste the settings, from here.
- After coping open hyper then press ctrl + , (comma) or you can go to the top left burger menu (☰) ⟹ Edit ⟹ Preferences.
- Select all and paste the copied settings. And kaboom 💥 , you have successfully config hyper with git bash.
- Install the beautiful theme of your choice, check out all the themes.
hyper install [theme name].
- Add beautiful borders
hyper install hyperborder.
- Make hyper transparent
hyper install hyper-opacity.
- Add icon to new tabs
hyper install hyper-tab-icons.
- Add search functionality to hyper,
hyper install hyper-search.
- Typ in style by installing hyperpower,
hyper install hyperpower.
- To open the same path in the new tab,
hyper install hypercwd.
- Git Bash Config file, this repo is still active and very helpfull.
- Hyper offical website
- Hyper offical plugins
- Hyper offical themes
- Hyper and github config old blog post
- I config my terminal to only show, user name, current folder and time then new line and a custom char (⟹)
Closing here 👋👋👋