Hello dev community! I am humbly asking for your time and attention and potentially retweets. This isn't really a tutorial or super technical post, so I hope I'm not being spammy here.
I applied to a twitter swe apprenticeship, and there's an application question 'tell us your life story in tweets.' It's just a basic text box/essay question situation, this wasn't required at all, but I'm really trying to do the whole 'standing out' and maybe 'getting a job after going viral' kind of thing, so I made this twitter clone of my 'life story':
I think someone was hired by Airbnb after going semi viral for making an Airbnb clone that was like her resume as a vacation destination? Link coming soon. I have like 70 followers on twitter so by 'going viral' I mean honestly anything more than 10 likes.
Here's my tweet if you are so inclined to RT:
Sylvia@sylviapapdevHello #TechTwitter! If theres any chance that retweets and likes will help get my dream job, please, I humbly ask for your clicks. Im applying to a @Twitter Apprenticeship, & they ask for my 'life story in tweets,' so I tried to be a lil extra & made this: …p-futuretwitterapprentice.netlify.app17:56 PM - 28 Oct 2020
But I'm only asking, if you look at this, and you genuinely enjoy it, throw me a like/comment/RT! No free lunch. And if you don't like it, please tell me why! The application submission is due in a day so the whole thing was a little rushed, but I can obviously keep editing forever and use it as a nice portfolio/beginner project regardless. So I'm also posting this to get feedback - on the code and content and everything!
- No actual Twitter functionality (i.e. being able to like, share tweet) lol
- No backend at all in fact (i.e. might add basic 'like' functionality first, then backend/data persistence, but currently have neither)
- Search bar should at least refresh the page on submit
- Might add some kind of 'info' or home page describing the project
- I chose to make it chronological order (or would you call this reverse chron? idk but oldest on top) because it seemed to make the most sense to me, story/creativity-wise, but obv I recognize this is not how actual twitter works lol
- It's more or less 'good enough' on mobile, but doesn't look like the actual Twitter mobile browser version, uses some hacky 'hide on mobile' css
- Overall just messy code tbh. I combined a lot of existing tutorials' CSS. Did the whole thing in less than a day tho
- I tried to be funny/just the right amount of political. If you don't think I'm funny and/or you think anything in here is unprofessional -
i will fight youplease tell me but let me down easy :'(
Finally here's my repo:
Thanks for your time!!!!