Welcome to the weird notes of a new DevOps and Backend engineer. This is my (quite open) notebook on what was all the stuff I read and learnt. Not necessarily tech, you can just read on and understand what I am rambling on about.
- Opentelemetry's sentry exporter is pretty cool, even thought it's specifically for traces right now, it does its job well.
- The sidecar architecture for opentelemetry-collector will work the best for a scenario. The engineers thought out the agent, collector interface pretty good.
- The Traces specification and the TraceID stuff is good too, I just hope there was more sync between the published package and the github repository.
- Need to show the instrumentation demo to the lead.
- Probably will need to checkout Elastic APM exporters for these traces.
- See if sentry can support any logging :)
- Checking how opentelemetry trace back the traces by the ID.
- WTF is going on with those spans? Why do they provide us with new contexts?
Thanks for listening to the rant.