Welcome to the weird notes of a new DevOps and Backend engineer. This is my (quite open) notebook on what was all the stuff I read and learnt. Not necessarily tech, you can just read on and understand what I am rambling on about.
- I finally created my own Docker image of a gin-app and deployed it in a kubernetes pod.
- The biggest challenge? Connecting the 2 pods, our
- I needed to connect from pod A to port 4317 of pod B. Ofcourse, i had exposed the port in pod B using NodePort yet it didn't seem to work.
- What finally worked? Instead of using
0.0.0.0:4317, I just needed to use
otel-collector.observability.svc.cluster.local:4317psst, it's the port name (or deployment name? not sure) , then namespace, then service and so on, which is exposed by a Node Port in this other service.
- MAN ELASTIC APM IS AMAZING. LIKE. SO AMAZING TO LOOK AT THE TRACING <3
- Plan on figuring out how to collect logs from a pod using fluentD and exporting it to our dear
- Use env vars to toggle the GRPC connection port.
- Nothing today
Thanks for listening to the rant.