To stay silent is to be complicit.
- Get together → Helping your Black and non-Black friends today.
- White guyde → If you’re a white guy who don’t know what to do.
- A class divided → 1985 PBS documentary on racism. Still relevant.
Top stories this week:
- Which design style are you? → By Diana Malewicz
- Mentoring ‘no-hire’ design candidates → By Drory Ben-Menachem
- Which UI design tool should I use in 2020? → By Poyi Chen
- An underrated UX: Gmail’s undo send → By Jon Lopkin
- SpaceX: Simple, beautiful interfaces are the future → By Michal Malewicz
- What happens when you don’t design for the problem → By Mallory Kim
- Stakeholder interviews: asking the right questions → By Anton Sten
“Rodney King was beaten by design: the design of legal and social systems that empower police to act with impunity, which is the legacy of white patriarchal supremacy. The Rodney King story was also saved by design: the design of technologies that captured evidence for the record, and provided the means for us to broadcast, share and discuss what we witnessed.”
- On design thinking → Design is a talismanic word with many meanings.
- Pandemic priorities → Revising product features and priorities.
- Remote journeys → How remote teams can map the user journey.
- Figma grid → A grid generator plugin for Figma.
- Aspect-ratio in CSS → A new property that affects how a box is sized.
- Walkie → Real-time voice chat for your remote team.
- Illustrated characters → Free libraries to add more humanity to your site.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.