As companies continue to increase their investment in design, and digital teams continue to grow, the company leadership feels the need of assigning managers who can keep those different design teams up and running.
Senior individual contributors (ICs) are expected to become leaders.
Leaders are expected to become managers.
But designing and managing are two very different jobs.
Top stories this week:
- UX Writing and the systematization of content → By Caroline Linhares
- 10 sobering realities every brand-new UX designer needs to accept → By Samuel Harper
- Do we actually do proper research? → By Anthony Murphy
- Systems thinking in product development → By AJ Justo
- We still need human-centered design → By Davide M. Parrilli
- How to get out of the messy middle? → By Aybala Coskun
✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿 Our friends at Smashingconf were kind enough to donate tickets to their upcoming conference to [**@uxminaspretas**](https://twitter.com/uxminaspretas), one of the organizations we support. You should consider signing up for their [**online workshops**](https://smashingconf.com/online-workshops); lots of great names and topics.
- Apple vs Google → 10 honest graphics about ≠ design approaches. By Allen
- No mobile → Why you shouldn’t design for mobile.
- Guide to mastery → The lifelong journey to mastering your craft.
- Collaboration UX → A user guide to working with you.
- Free structure → Why structure is freeing, not restricting.
- CSS animations → Enhancing user experience with CSS animations. By Stéphanie Walter
- WCAG for design → A checklist to build accessible products.
- Plausible → A privacy-friendly alternative to Google Analytics.
- Figma systems → A collection of Design Systems for Figma.