I'm looking into Visual Studio Live Share as a mechanism for doing some lower-latency remote pairing without requiring as much screen sharing. (which is slow!)
I'm curious what (if any) challenges you encountered while:
- Setting it up
- Granting access
- Using it for extended periods of time
- Adding new people/dropping people in the middle of the session
In the past, I've tried similar tools and the issues I've run into were:
- "Oh no it stopped working but it was invisible"
- "Wait, the test failed? Oh! They were running against the version that hadn't been updated yet!"
- "Yeah, all the code isn't on your computer yet because we haven't opened them in the editor..."
My hope is that with Microsoft (who has traditionally been very good at dev tooling) throwing their weight behind a multi-user-code-editor it'll be a touch more consistently usable than the well-intentioned but underfunded hobby-projects I've used in the past.
Any experiences you can share or tips for a noobie getting started with it?