NOTE: This is issue #043 of my newsletter, which went live on Monday, November 15th. If you find this information useful and interesting and you want to receive future issues as they are published, ahead of everyone else, I invite you to join the subscriber list at frontendnexus.com.
It has been a very quiet week in the web industry. Therefore I decided to bring to your attention the W3C Plenary Meeting (TPAC 2021). This is the annual conference of W3C, and we can now explore the archive of the breakout sessions. We also have a few notable updates with Cypress v9, Deno 1.16, React Router v6, and more.
W3C TPAC 2021 Sessions
The Technical Plenary meeting (TPAC) is the annual conference of W3C. During that week, many W3C Working and Interest Groups gather, network, and try to resolve challenging technical or social issues.
We can now explore the archive of breakout sessions for this year's edition. It contains minute transcripts, slides, and video recordings of the sessions. Here are just a few topics that caught my attention:
- Web Components Community Group: Community-driven spec/API prioritization
- The State of Web Monetization
- Accessibility & CSS
- Accessibility for Children
- Project Fugu: Almost Three Years In… (note: this is the project that allowed Photoshop to have a web version)
I think this is a wonderful occasion to have a look at the way the modern web is built.
Software updates and releases
- Cypress v9.0.0 - fast, easy and reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser
- Hugo 0.89.0 - the world’s fastest framework for building websites
- React Router v6 - Declarative routing for React
- Tailwind CSS v3.0.0-alpha.2 - a utility-first CSS framework for rapid UI development
- Vuestic UI v1.3.0 - free and Open Source UI Library for Vue 3
Wrapping things up
That's about all I have for this update. If you enjoyed this newsletter, there are a couple of ways to support it. You can share the link to this issue on social media, and follow me on Twitter. Each one of these helps me out, and I'd appreciate your consideration.
Have a great and productive week, keep yourselves safe, and I will see you again next time!
Top comments (0)