NOTE: This is issue #069 of my newsletter, which went live on Monday, June 20th. If you find this information useful and interesting and you want to receive future issues as they are published, ahead of everyone else, I invite you to join the subscriber list at frontendnexus.com.
Microsoft retired Internet Explorer 11 for most users out there. Firefox propagated Total Cookie Protection worldwide. The highlights of the software updates are Ember.js 4.5, Node 18.4, Prettier 2.7, and more. And I got new sets of icons, tools, and generators in the resource section.
IE 11 has been retired and is now officially out of support in most common places normal users would encounter. If you are unfortunate enough to require the use of an older intranet that relies on that browser, you should start using IE mode in Microsoft Edge instead.
All Firefox users now enjoy Total Cookie Protection by default. This policy confines cookies to the site where they were created. This way you can't be tracked anymore as you move from website to website.
- fx 24.0.0 - Terminal JSON viewer
- Node v18.4.0 (Current) -
- Octokit v1.8.0 - GitHub SDK for Browsers, Node.js, and Deno
- Prettier 2.7 - an opinionated code formatter, now with Typescript 4.7
- public-ip v6.0.0 - get your public IP address
- Strapi v4.2 - Open source Node.js Headless CMS to easily build customisable APIs
- zx 7.0.0 - a tool for writing better scripts
- CSS Shadow Gradients - Because we 💖 shadows
- Tiny Helpers - A collection of free single-purpose online tools for web developers...
- Pixelarticons - 350+ open-source pixel-art style icons
- Majesticons - 720 free icons in two styles
- Superdesigner - A collection of free design tools to create unique backgrounds, patterns, shapes, images, and more
- Size Matters - Bulk images resizing made easy for you
- Chalk.ist - Turn your source code into beautiful images
Check out the rest of the curated resources using the link below:
Ukraine is still suffering from the Russian invasion - if you are looking for ways to help, please check Smashing Magazine's article We All Are Ukraine 🇺🇦 or get in touch with your trusted charity.
If you enjoyed this newsletter, there are a couple of ways to support it:
- 📢 share the link to this issue on social media
- ❤️ follow this newsletter on Twitter
- ☕ buy me a coffee
Each of these helps me out, and I would appreciate your consideration.
That's all I have for this issue. Have a great and productive week, keep yourselves safe, spend as much time as possible with your loved ones, and I will see you again next time!