Originally posted on Ashraful's Blog
Hello there, Have you ever wished to have all the dev.to posts under your own domain. It's time to achieve this. I have created an open source project name
dev.to-client application. So, that you can easily setup as your own. And it's highly configurable.
- Single Page Application. So, it's really faster than you believe.
- PWA(Progressive Web App).
- Landing Page with latest five post according to published date.
- List of posts page for showing all posts.
- Clickable Tag and filtering by tag.
- Disqus comments integration.
- Twitter profile and timeline integration.
- Card based cutting-edge design.
- Search for posts
- Dark/Night mode
- Post category/tag showing on sidebar with filtering
- SEO friendly page
- Write markdown from this app for posts
- Fork this repository Github Repo
- Clone it from your fork
user-config.jsonfile and update according to your blog configuration. i.e:
- * "dev__to_username" is you dev.to handle/username/login name.
- * "twitter_username" is your twitter username
- "disqus_shortname" is disqus shorname or discuss comments url prefix.
$ npm install
$ npm run serve
Also you can try with the docker.
- I have included the docker file already. So, you can try with docker.
sudo docker build -t iashraful/dev.to-client .
sudo docker run -it -p 5000:80 --rm --name dev.to-client iashraful/dev.to-clientYou can customize the port if you need. I that case, you must need to allow the post for tcp/ip connection
$ npm install
$ npm run build
- Now tell your web server to serve from
dist/directory. You must remember to forward every request to
/index.html. Because this app handles routing with Vue Router.
Happy Blogging :-)
The software industry moves fast. But if you keep up, you can have an incredible career.
Learning to code products doesn't take as long as you think - more precisely, 300 hours to learn, build, and launch. Learn about the history and misconceptions of development preventing you from even starting and then hop on that tech bus.