In her popular Learning To Learn course, Barbara Oakley talks about learning modes (diffused and focused), learning sprints (focus for X minutes, relax for Y minutes) and learning practices ("chunking" into small activities that build on each other) that help improve your understanding and recall of what you learn.
Planning a #30Days learning journey is one way to put these ideas into practice. Learn or make something in 30 Days by breaking down the end goal into daily chunks of activity that build on each other! Get automatic "breaks" between those focused periods, to help your brain process and recall the information better.
What would you like to learn in #30Days - and how do you plan to go about it?
- I want to become a power user of (this) developer tool
- I want to build my first app using (this) framework
- I want to learn the fundamentals of (this) technology
Please do leave us your thoughts and ideas in the comments. If you are looking for ideas, check out these options:
- #30DaysOfPWA - learn to build and ship Progressive Web Apps.
- #30DaysOfSWA - learn to build and deploy Static Web Apps on Azure
- #30DaysToLearnIt - cloud skills challenges with Certifications in mind
If you are an experienced developer, do share your experiences with any #30Days of learning projects or resources that may be useful for beginners.