Mechanical keyboards have become extremely popular during the last few years.
Many people find the experience of typing on a mechanical keyboard highly enjoyable compared to that of typing on the common membrane keyboard.
Mechanical keyboards come in all shapes, sizes, and colors and some of the mechanical keyboards are customizable. Some people are even building their own mechanical keyboards. I have seen people that have gone to great lengths to customize their keyboards with stunning results.
Even cats are fans of mechanical keyboards.
Here is an image my mechanical keyboard. When I was searching for a mechanical keyboard my only requirements were blank keys and to have the escape key be red. Blank keys really assist a person in becoming a touch typist (with the blank keys actually I have no issues typing passwords.)
- Size: 100% Full size 104 keys (445 x 142 x 30mm)
- Switches: Cherry MX Brown switches
- Cable: Braided non-removable USB cable
- Weight: 1088g (2.4lbs)
- Backlighting: none
- How has your experience been typing on a mechanical keyboard?
- What kind of switches do you have?
- What keyboard layout do you use?
- What size keyboard do you prefer?