For the last couple of weeks, I have a big dilemma. I really don't know, if I should stick with VanillaJS or focus on learning React.
The reason behind this (these are all personal and from my points of view):
- Easier to write and more logical
- Seems more usable for me, for some reason
- Lot of easy/intermediate projects for learning
- More enjoyable to write
- More experience of success
- Feels like I will never really use this if I land a job
- Less maintainable
- Not really an up-to-date knowledge
- Widely used in the industry
- Component based architecture is easier to maintain
- Really hard to find REAL beginner projects (feel like a Tic-Tac-Toe game or a To-Do list is not beginner friendly, because you cannot figure it out alone) Therefore the next point:
- Less experience of success
- Hard to understand the basics
- Seems like you MUST use a CSS framework for it (but Tailwind and/or Bootstrap is really not my cup of tea)
Also, the biggest fear of mine, that I will forget the VanillaJS, while I dig into React...yes, this might be the biggest fear in the story for me.
I am really looking forward onto some encouraging on both of the topics.
Thank you in advance for your kind help and assistance.