S3:E8 - Microsoft Mesh, Accusations of Sexism and Racism at Mailchimp, France’s ‘Repairability Index,’ and Framework’s Modular Laptop
Is it just me or did season three fly by faster than the 24-hour news cycle churns?
In S3E8, @saronyitbarek and I talked about a few stories that range from fascinating to upsetting. The common thread? You don’t want to miss them:
- Microsoft Mesh — the next step in the company’s mission to bring mixed reality to the masses with HoloLens.
- The French government requiring manufacturers to give a “repairability index” score to their products
- A super-modular 13.5-inch laptop from the startup, Framework, that promises to be easy to disassemble, modify, and repair.
- A very upsetting report in The Verge about rampant racism and sexism at MailChimp.
We also talked to not one, not two, but THREE guests about a few different developer news headlines...
- Kerry Sheehan, US Policy Lead who chatted with us about the repairability index story
- Kevin Purdy, Technology Journalist at iFixit who went in-depth with us about the Framework laptop
- Jaime-Alexis Fowler, Founder and Executive Director of Empower Work, who talked about navigating workplace challenges like the one MailChimp employees are experiencing right now.
You can follow DevNews to get episode notifications and listen right in your feed — or subscribe on your platform of choice! Plus, if you leave us a review, we'll send you a free pack of thank-you stickers. Details here.