This week on the DevNews podcast...
S2:E4 - U.S. Military Buying Location Data, GitHub Reinstating youtube-dl, Apple Server Problems, and School Ransomware Attacks
@saronyitbarek and I chatted about some pretty fascinating software development-centric stories:
- Apple's server problems — slowdowns and crashes for app launching in all versions of MacOS 😱
- The rise of school districts being the targets of ransomware attacks
- GitHub reinstating youtube-dl
We also talked about the data location industry and who is being targeted with Senior Staff Writer at Motherboard, Joseph Cox. Joseph wrote a piece called “How the U.S. Military Buys Location Data from Ordinary Apps" which made Saron and I pretty excited to get his perspective on this topic!
You can follow DevNews to get episode notifications and listen right in your feed — or subscribe on your platform of choice! Plus, if you leave us a review, we'll send you a free pack of thank-you stickers. Details here.
Quick Listening Links
- @levisharpe for producing & mixing the show
- Our season two sponsors, Triplebyte and Vonage!
Top comments (0)