So, last February I had made a small weekend project and last month I released a version 2 of it.
Fluenticons is an icon viewer for Microsoft fluent icons. It has over 4000+ open beautiful icons which you can use in your projects.
Fluenticons is now sponsored by Iconfinder, sign up and get $10 worth of credits (via the banner in fluenticons).
What's new in v2?
- No more hacks, I've used actual SVG's now, so I was able to add some new features like manipulating them.
- You can copy snippets for SVGs, Vue component, React Component, HTML Image.
- You can download SVGs, PNGs, WEBP, Vue component, React Component now.
- Manipulate colors to see how the icon looks.
- More performant, loads way too fast now. (Scores 100 on Lighthouse Yay!!). Was surprised to see the site loading in 600ms when I moved from vercel to cloudflare pages.
- Make an advanced editor like adding frames behind the icons. Inspiration - Bakery & Iconscout's Icon Editor (requires a lot a math, which I am not good at.)
- Make a npm package for others to use the components in their own web projects, probably looking a web component, maybe like boxicons.
Hosted on cloudflare pages.
Top comments (4)
Can I contribute?
Sure, please go ahead and make a PR.
Looks really good!!
Really cool project, I love it Fayaz. Awesome work