Estonia, my birth country, celebrated its 103rd independence day on the 24th of February! That's why it seemed like a great idea to share my enthusiasm for our awesome country and how we use technology to it's fullest in order to strive as a nation through a video.
Some quick fun facts:
- Estonia, officially the Republic of Estonia, is a country in Northern Europe. It is bordered by Finland, Sweden, Latvia and Russia. The territory of the country is 45 227 km2 and the population of the country is 1.3 million. The official currency of the country is the EURO and today we're celebrating our 103 birthday! Oh, and the capital's Tallinn!
- President(Kersti Kaljulaid) and Prime minister(Kaja Kallas) are both women
- Our capital, Tallinn was the European Capital of Culture in 2011
- Online voting already since 2005
- We've got 4G coverage even in the middle of the woods. And yes, I've tried it out!
- We've got a thing called "E-Residency" so you could become a resident...right away to make business etc.
01:07 - Fun facts
02:38 - Reason 1 - The country of innovation and e-governance
03:50 - Reason 2 - Unicorns! Unicorns everywhere!
05:08 - Reason 3 - The work-life balance
06:35 - Reason 4 - The beautiful and accessible nature
07:55 - Reason 5 - IT talent! We're looking for you!
08:45 - Conclusion
In case you want to read more about the things I spoke about:
Fun facts about Estonia - https://www.workinestonia.com/living-...
Work in Estonia website - https://www.workinestonia.com/
Living costs - https://www.studyinestonia.ee/living/...
E-Estonia website - https://e-estonia.com/
5 unicorns - https://investinestonia.com/world-lea...
E-residency website - https://e-resident.gov.ee/
Software engineering jobs insights - https://app.meetfrank.com/insights/so...
Article about Pisa rankings - https://www.bbc.com/news/education-50...
Estonia's Wikipedia website - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia