- Netlify: Deploy modern static websites with Netlify. Get CDN, Continuous deployment, 1-click HTTPS, and all the services you need.
- GitHub Pages: Websites hosted directly from your GitHub repository.
- Zeit: Host your web projects with zero configuration, automatic SSL, and global CDN.
- Firebase: Firebase simplifies your web hosting with tools made specifically for modern web apps. When uploading web assets, Firebase automatically pushs them to Googles global CDN and adds a free SSL certificate.
- Sanity: A rather new product is Sanity. Apart from the GraphQL based API, Sanity comes with a fully customizable React based Studio.
- Contenful: Contentful is how modern companies work with content. It’s content infrastructure for creating and managing content, backed by the tools for delivering it anywhere. With Contentful, developers and editors can work simultaneously and ship digital products faster.
- GraphCMS: GraphCMS enables developers to build powerful content APIs in a matter of minutes, while it gives content creators all the tools they need to manage their content. The hosted content APIs can be easily consumed by websites, apps or any other platform.
- Prismic: With Prismic, teams of developers and marketers/editors/content managers can create websites and apps with instantly updatable content and custom design.
- DatoCMS: DatoCMS serves content (e.g. articles, images) via a GraphQL-API. A feature that I didn't see in other headless CMS is the possibility to structure your content in a tree model.
- Firebase Cloud Functions: Create functions that are triggered by Firebase products, such as changes to data in the Realtime Database, new user sign-ups via Auth, and conversion events in Analytics.
- Airtable: Airtable works like a spreadsheet but gives you the power of a database to organize anything.
- FaunaDB: FaunaDB is a serverless cloud database that offers fast global access to data via modern APIs like GraphQL without sacrificing data consistency. Ubiquitous, flexible and secure, FaunaDB helps modern developers build applications fearlessly.
- Firebase Realtime-Database: The Firebase Realtime Database is a cloud-hosted NoSQL database that lets you store and sync data between your users in realtime.
- MongoDB Atlas: MongoDB Atlas is the global cloud database service for modern applications. Deploy fully managed MongoDB across AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Algolia: Algolia is a powerful hosted search API. They offer clients for many languages and frameworks. I use Algolia for some projects and I can absolutely recommend it.
- Basin: Deploy a powerful, easy-to-configure form backend without writing a single line of server side code.
- Auth0: Auth0 provides a universal authentication & authorization platform for web, mobile and legacy applications.
- Netlify Identity: Manage signups, logins, password recovery, and more - all without rolling your own authentication service.
- Firebase Authentication: Firebase Authentication aims to make building secure authentication systems easy, while improving the sign-in and onboarding experience for end users. It provides an end-to-end identity solution, supporting email and password accounts, phone auth, and Google, Twitter, Facebook, and GitHub login, and more.
- Okta: Secure, scalable, and highly available authentication and user management for any app.
- Stripe: Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for internet commerce (e.g. subscription services, on-demand marketplaces or e-commerce stores).
- PayPal: Simple online payments solution that’s easy to integrate into e-commerce sites.
- Braintree: Braintree is a subsidiary company of PayPal. Braintree processes payments online, including credit cards, debit cards, digital wallets, PayPal, Venmo, Apple Pay, and Google Pay in a single integration.
- Cloudinary: Image, video and digital asset management.
- imgix: imgix transforms, optimizes and caches your images.
- uploadcare: Image and file hosting. Uploadcare also offers image processing.
If you like my content, you might want to follow me on Twitter?! @fullstack_to
Cover Image by Maxim Selyuk on Unsplash
Top comments (13)
There are some services for adding e-commerce capabilities to your JAMstack site as well
I think there are many more. I just picked some which I tried at least.
of course, just adding extra visibility to these as well.
Netlify cms and Forestry.io are my best friends for the CMS section.
I didn't try Netfliy CMS yet, even though I use Netlify very much.
You should try it... The best part is that you can set up the structure of your data just within a single
.ymlconfiguration file. Also, you access it from your own domain.
/admin. Also, it works well with most static site generators.
The content is saved in your own repository. (you can use Github, Gitlab or Bitbucket).
Forestry.io also saves data to your repository, so in most projects, I use both forestry.io and netlify cms. I love forestry.io because it's mobile editor is awesome!
Stormkit is also in the same space. It allows hosting hybrid and single page applications at the same time, with remote configuration, incremental rollouts, environments already built-in.
It's easy to deploy and manage applications using Stormkit.
Disclaimer: I'm the founder.
Awesome list! Shared 😁
Definitely would add Stackbit to the list. Super handy way to get started fast on these above services.
Also forestry.io is pretty interesting with its git based updates.
I even get a rant from Stackbit for not putting them on the list 😅
In case folks here are interested, I put together a detailed tutorial on deploying a simple Next.js + Firebase app to ZEIT. (I've included lots of screenshots, so even if you aren't interested in creating a new project right now, you can get a feel for what working with these tools is like)
▲🔥 Getting started with Next.js, ZEIT Now, and Firebase
bg ・ Feb 9 ・ 7 min read
Getform is also in the form handling space. It allows you to handle your forms easily and offers custom email notifications & autoresponders, submissions API, and integration with Zapier.
It's super easy to setup.
Disclaimer: I'm the co-founder.
Thanks for that list Matthias. It really helps me stepping into the JAMstack :-)
Do you have any favorites or combinations of them which you like most?
Viele Grüße aus Hamburg nach Hannover ;-)
I use Algolia, Cloudinary, Netlify, Firebase and Auth0 frequently. I can absolutely recommend trying them!
A few days ago I also set up a project with Sanity, and I am overwhelmed! The folks at Sanity are doing a really great job!
Hey 👋 Viele Grüße zurück! Sind wir ja fast Nachbarn 😅