So, What is what you look for in a web browser?
What are the features you want/need?
I kind of want to explore UWP/Electron to create a prototype of a web browser, leveraging the fact that either chromium and chakra are two great capable engines
and I'd like to see if
I don'get bored I can do some stuff,
and in the case of Electron you can find many here
but this is a good example also
Wexond is an extensible and privacy-focused web browser with a totally different user experience, built on top of
React. It aims to be fast, private, beautiful, extensible and functional.
- Wexond Shield - Browse the web without any ads and don't let websites to track you. Thanks to the Wexond Shield, websites can load even 2 times faster!
- Built-in dark mode - Wexond has a built-in dark theme, but it also changes white websites to dark with just a one click in Overlay. No eyestrain at night anymore!
- Beautiful and minimalistic UI - The address bar is hidden to take less space, but it doesn't impact on usability in any way. It's even better! Give it a shot
- Tab groups - Easily group tabs to groups and access them really fast.
- Partial support for Chrome extensions - Install some extensions from Chrome Web Store* (see #110…
please share your features, questions and comments!
in any case, I will report back my experiences on working with such platforms!
Claim your page on DEV before someone else does
Level up every day