Hey dev.to community!
BxJS Weekly Episode 53 is now out! 🚀
Here's all the mentioned links (also found on github):
- Hooks for React.js - the new ketchup?
- Writing Unit Tests For A Rewrite: A Case Study
- How Are Function Components Different from Classes?
- Gopher meet Plasma: A WebAssembly Experiment
- Understanding a Performance Issue with “Polymorphic” JSON Data
- React Hooks: Compound Components
- How to Enable React Strict Mode
- Maintaining global state in AWS Lambda functions with Async Hooks
- useTypescript — A Complete Guide to React Hooks and TypeScript
- Handtrack.js: Hand Tracking Interactions in the Browser using Tensorflow.js and 3 lines of code.
- Building rich command-line interfaces with Ink and React
- Tutorial: How to share code between iOS, Android & Web using React Native, react-native-web and monorepo
- How to render 3D in 2D canvas
- Scheduling in React
- Demo for how useReducer + useContext for dispatch can improve perf compared to just useState and passing down callbacks
- W3C approves WebAuthn as the web standard for password-free logins
- The Node.js modules team just reached consensus on what we plan to upstream
- I just made this diagram of modern React lifecycle methods. Hope you’ll find it helpful!
- Hey folks! I am soliciting feedback for the tc39 website.
- Storybook 5.0
- Preact X alpha
- Marble.js 2.0
- Unfetch 4.1
- Node v11.11.0
- eslint-plugin-react-hooks v1.5.0
- Coping with Feedback
- Researchers uncover ring of GitHub accounts promoting 300+ backdoored apps
- Facebook Is Allowing Anyone to Look You Up Using Your Two-Factor Authentication Phone Number
- Researchers asked 43 freelance developers to code the user registration for a web app and assessed how they implemented password storage. 26 devs initially chose to leave passwords as plaintext.
Any feedback is appreciated 😁
Social media links:
If you enjoy my content, please consider supporting me 😉