Hi! My name is Andy George, and I'm the newest member of The Forem Team! I am a Senior Systems Engineer, and will probably be doing a lot of cool/interesting/tough systems engineering work as part of Forem's growth and goals for the future.
I just recently left Kenna Security after nearly six years of some pretty cool work; I loved working there, and will miss working with some of the brightest and affable folks I've ever met (go check them out / DM me if you're curious about what they do), but am super excited for my new opportunity here at Forem to work with another group of pretty awesome people!!
- I'm a born and raised Minnesotan who spent the last 12 years in Chicago, and recently moved back
- I live with my partner, Jacqueline:
- ...and our two dogs, Ira and Dexter :
- professionally, I dig Linux/FOSS and cloud engineering. Hit me up if you wanna chat Ansible, Fedora, Terraform, AWX, GCP, or anything along those lines!
- personally, I'm into video games, snowboarding, sailing, watching sports (Wisconsin Badgers 🏈, Minnesota Vikings 🏈, Minnesota Twins ⚾, Chicago Blackhawks 🏒, and F1/Red Bull Racing/Max Verstappen 🏎️), and a bunch of other stuff
Anyway, super excited to be joining Forem!! 🌱🌱🌱🌱