And we will:
- create a folder (let's name it codebox)
- download and install Visual Studio Code (VSCode);
- Install some VSCode extensions.
Hey! You have to create a folder by yourself. Create a folder on your computer and name it codebox.
It is time to talk about Visual Studio Code.
What is Visual Studio Code (VSCode)?
Visual Studio Code, according to Wikipedia, is a free source-code editor made by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and macOS.
Why why do we use Visual Studio Code (VSCode)?
We use VSCode because it makes code easy to write and visually appealing. Its features include support for debugging, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion and many more.
How to install Visual Studio Code (VSCode).
Stop there! Have you created the folder?
We are about to use it, so create it if you have not done that.
- Launch the VSCode installed on your computer. I am doing that by clicking on VSCode icon here. You can also search for it on your computer. Now, It has opened and thenI
- Click "open folder" by the top left of your screen.
- Then locate the folder on your computer and select it.
The folder is now opened in VSCode.
Let's add two files (index.html and main.js) to it.
By the left side, there is your folder pan. Click on the create file icon and type index.html.
Repeat that to create main.js
Yeah! We are done with the files.
Let's add some useful extensions to VSCode.
Click the extension icon; then search, live server. Once it is displayed, click install.
Repeat the same process to install, "prettier", "Bracket Pair Colorizer" and "beautify".
We are done with this part.
Don't trust me, get a free previous to judge by yourself: https://bit.ly/3o3TMyg