Because I'm still learning every day and the project has grown quite large since 2.0.0. Also when I started the project I lacked a certain rigor in the way I documented the code (and also on some speculations).
It became necessary to make changes in order to continue to evolve the project.
npm i sec-literal
Some of the features of this package:
- Detect Hexadecimal, Base64 and Unicode sequences.
- Detect patterns (prefix, suffix) on groups of identifiers.
- Detect suspicious string and return advanced metrics on it (with char diversity etc).
It's a start... I plan to extend the features of the package in the coming months (but also to re-invest some time in documentation and testing).
Still very far from the perfection I imagine but it's a good start. The code had become messy and it was almost impossible to reason properly.
The new version is now much easier to maintain and evolve. I will surely continue to improve it for the next major release.
I took advantage of the refacto to reinsert a whole set of documentation and unit tests. It also allowed me to fix a number of issues that had not been resolved in version 2.3.
I knew it! But I swear to you that it is much more complex than anyone can imagine. I had to rewind my steps several times.
But if there were no challenges it wouldn't be fun.
For more info: https://2ality.com/2019/10/eval-via-import.html
Nothing incredible for this new version. But the project continues to progress step by step and I hope to be able to add a whole bunch of new detections by the end of the year.