My office doesn't officially do anything, but I know some teams did a potluck and some people put out candy jars for the day, while other people dressed up (subtly).
Some things I did for the spirit of the season:
- Decorated my cubicle with orang string lights
- Set out sour candies for anyone walking by
- Put together personalized treat bags for each person on my team with candy, bubbles, glow sticks, stickers, and googly eyes in them
- Made extra bags of good stuff to hand out to people walking by
- Wore branded stuff so if someone asked about a costume, I was in one, but it is just kinda casual cosplay for the workplace
Bubbles are fantastic because you can blow them at the curmudgeons who are determined to not have fun! :D
As it's my favorite time of year, did anyone else do anything? I'd love to hear stories! AskAManager has a post on workplace horror stories, but fun ones are great, too!