This week GitHub shared that they were planning a GitHub Special Event for... today 😱
- The event is currently planned for 1:30pm PT.
- The GitHub team has a special livestream page set up
- This page is using YouTube, which allows you to set reminders for when a scheduled stream goes live if you're signed into YouTube.
- GitHub is launching a new product (ref)
- It's not a Responsive version of GitHub.com or Gist Notifications, since those have both already launched this week (ref, ref)
- GitHub: I don't doubt that GitHub's socials will be actively tweeting whatever is happening.
- Nat Friedman: Nat is the CEO of GitHub and has been very actively hyping this up. Definitely a good person to follow if you want to catch the messages from the source via a human.
- Bryan Clark: Bryan is the individual who invited me to the event and is Director of Product for OSS Maintainers at GitHub. (That's a super awesome title, right?)
- Tierney Cyren: That's me! I'll be at the event and would be kidding myself if I were to say I'd be doing anything other than live-tweeting the event while I'm there. Super hyped 😱
I figured it would be awesome to kick off a discuss post to keep up with what everyone is thinking about and feeling about the event leading up to it and talk about whatever happens while it's happening.
A few questions I have for y'all to kick things off:
- What do you think is going to be shared?
- What would you love to see?
- Do you think it's something that'll be available today or a longer-term thing?