Welcome to my "Week in Review" series. COVID still accompanies us and will attend us even longer. I am currently working 3/5 days a week from home and see my team mainly on Discord or in Zoom Meetings. How do you deal with this in your company? How do you make sure that you stay a team and don't drift apart because of the remote situation?
Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter, please.
As the name suggests, "TLDR This" helps to shorten any article or text to a minimum. Using NLP and the TextRank algorithm, the article's sentences are ranked. It then presents the five most representative sentences to you. Please don't ask me how to do this. There are experts (like my friend Stefan) who could explain this to you in detail.
So yeah, pick any article and give it a try: tldrthis.com
Looks like "We Are All Leaders: Leadership is not a position, it's a mindset" by Fredrik Arnander is on my "Currently Reading" list for some more time. I rediscovered "Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us" by Daniel H. Pink on my Kindle and realized I never finished the book. It's about motivation in the 21st century, what drives and influences it, and what mistakes you can make to motivate other people. It is exciting and got me thinking on many levels. I can recommend this book to anyone, especially leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Do you like seeing stats from your MacBook in the menubar? CPU and RAM usage, space left on your SSD, your network's performance, and more is what you get from tools like Stats (Open Source, free), or iStat Menus (paid).
- Humans was the "#1 Product of the Day" last week. If you need 3D characters for your next project, this is for you!
- Wanna know if your Adblocker does a great job?
- Lots and lots of free SVG Illustrations and animations are available for free for both personal and commercial use (MIT) on pixeltrue.com. If you like what you see, consider sharing their work in your social network.
- Looking for a new job and not happy with the layout of your resume? Maybe the free tool Standard Resume is for you. Create your resume based on your LinkedIn profile within minutes. I wish you all the best in your job search.
- This article with the title "10 lesser-known Web APIs you may want to use" by Tapas Adhikary was full of insights. I knew some of the APIs he shared, like Fullscreen API or the Clipboard Async API, but I did not know there's a Broadcast Channel API. Did you?
- Another exciting resource I found last week was CSS Scan's 83 beautiful CSS box-shadow examples.
- Do you like TypeScript? Do you understand all the configuration options of
tsconfig.json? Even if you know many of them, take some minutes and read "Understanding TypeScript Configuration Options" by Manato Kuroda. I have set up and maintained a few TypeScript configs but still found some new insights in his article. Thanks.
- I ❤️ Storybook, here's how you can learn how to use it!
- Last but not least, here are "12 HTML Tags You Don't Know".
Don't forget to attend the season finale of Whiskey Wednesday" tomorrow!
Adrian Twarog 🦘@adrian_twarogDesign for Developers...
It's not easy, so I'm putting together #EnhanceUI, a resource/book to help us all!
It will help you learn the basics of for design, color, UI & UX for all of us programmers. Design is a formula just like typescript, let's figure it out!
🔗👇 link below09:11 AM - 02 Oct 2020
Tadas PetraFree Software to Create YouTube Videos
Some people don't know where to start with creating youtube videos. After this thread you will have all the software necessary and for free
A thread 🧵👇01:54 AM - 01 Oct 2020
Danny SteenmanUsing Google to search for solutions in any Developer's career is very valuable. Using advanced techniques to find your solutions is even more valuable.
Here is part 2 of using Advanced Google Search Techniques to level up your Google Game!
🧵🧵🧵05:57 AM - 29 Sep 2020
Bye, bye, 40/2020.
See you next week - thank you. 👋🏻
If you like this article, chances are you will like my newsletter too. 🚀
This post includes affiliate links; I may receive compensation if you purchase products or services from the different links provided in this article.