Check Out the Stream @ https://twitch.tv/talk2megooseman
- [x] What to call today's log
- [x] Review last streams TODOs
- [x] Fix a bug with showcase page timing out on occasion
- [x] Add in Sentry to our application for error monitoring
- [x] Continue upgrade Rails journey
- Found out the root cause for the showcase page on stream-cc erroring out. It turns out that I reached a breaking point when there are A LOT of streamers that have the extension installed. So when I am requesting stream information for those channels that are living using it, I am exceeding the single length of a request causing a 404 to Twitch. Neede to add chunking for requests so I don't try to grab ALL of the channels at once.
- While going through the gems that need to be upgraded. I noticed the talk_like_a_pirate gem 0.2.2 version had not been released yet so I filed an issue https://github.com/stevehodges/talk_like_a_pirate/issues/7
- The maintainer seems responsive since he had merged my pull request so hopefully, they get around to this soon.
- Successfully upgraded our app to Rails 6
- Followed the guide on the Rails site https://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/upgrading_ruby_on_rails.html#upgrading-from-rails-5-2-to-rails-6-0
- Also ran
rails app:updateand checked for any new changes in the configs
- For coming by and saying hi and enjoying stream cc extension
- For their very first SUB!!!
- [ ] Keep eye on: https://github.com/stevehodges/talk_like_a_pirate/issues/7
- [ ] Need to resolve test failures