Maintaining a healthy Kubernetes cluster is really challenging especially if you have not configured the Liveness, Readiness, and Startup Probes correctly for your containers deployed under Kubernetes containers.
If I have to put it in a simple way -
- Liveness probes - It is responsible for restarting your container if it senses a deadlock.
- Readiness probes - This probe will tell when the container is ready to start traffic.
- Startup probes - It tells when the container application has started.
In this lab session, we are going to see -
- What are Kubernetes Probes?
- How to create Kubernetes liveness probes?
- How to create Kubernetes Readiness probes?
- How to create Kubernetes Startup probes?
How to implement Kubernetes liveness, Readiness and Startup probes - https://jhooq.com/kubernetes-liveness-readiness-startup-probes/