Kubernetes secrets are used for storing sensitive information such as username, password, Database credentials, and any kind the sensitive information which should not be seen in plain text format.
In this lab session, we will take a look on -
- What are secrets in Kubernetes?
- How to create Kubernetes Secrets using kubectl command?
- How to Base64 encode Kubernetes secrets?
- How to create Kubernetes secret from file?
- Deploy busy box container image inside Kubernetes cluster using Kubernetes secrets?
- Store MySql Username, Password in Kubernetes Secrets?
Along with that, we will also see what are the recommended practices for using Kubernetes secrets.