DevDiscuss is a bit of a "bad news, good news" situation this week.
Let's start with the bad news first: it's the season 5 finale of the DevDiscuss podcast! 😭
Our eight episodes always seem to fly by but this season was a particular sort of whirlwind. Thank you for joining us for analysis and discussion of the burning questions that impact all our lives as developers. We'll be back for season 6 soon!
Ok, now we can savor the good news: in the season 5 finale, we finally talked about a topic that I know many of you have been awaiting for a while: the field of Developer Relations. If you often hear about "DevRel", "Dev Advocacy", "Dev Evangelism", and want to throw your hands up in confusion, this episode is for you. We're here to demystify this awesome career within software development — and have fun doing it.
- Christina Gorton is a Developer Relations Advocate at Forem, a LinkedIn Instructor, and a technical writer. Thanks for being my guest co-host this week, Christina!
- Nader Dabit is an author and Developer Relations Engineer at Edge & Node.
- Pachi Carlson is a Developer Relations Engineer at New Relic.
Enjoy our final episode of season 5. We'll be back soon with a whole new collection of episodes designed to inspire, motivate, and satisfy the curiosity of software developers everywhere 🌩
You can follow DevDiscuss to get episode notifications and listen right in your feed — or subscribe on your platform of choice! Plus, if you leave us a review, we'll send you a free pack of thank-you stickers. Details here.
- @levisharpe for producing & mixing the show
- Our season five sponsors: CockroachDB, Cloudways, Scout APM & Rudderstack!