I've been a pretty big Twisted fan for a while and have recently been researching PostgreSQL extensions.
projects and hacks
* A Linux desktop session manager written in Python with Twisted - https://github.com/jfhbrook/korbenware
* A PowerShell project to manage my Emacs install on Windows - https://github.com/jfhbrook/Cackledaemon
* A PowerShell module for managing elevated access - https://github.com/jfhbrook/PSeudo
* A Jupyter kernel for Hydra, the JaveScript visual synth - https://github.com/jfhbrook/ihydra
* A python port of node.js's EventEmitter - https://github.com/jfhbrook/pyee