If you are working on NetworkOps, SecOps, DevOps, ITOps & anyone who wants to automate their infrastructure.
- Orchestrate complex processes on an enterprise scale.
- Simple Automation and Management.
- No Agent - Agentless.
- Ansible executes locally
- Open Source solution for automation.
- Works on both Windows and Linux.
- Can be used on Public cloud and On-Prem.
- Cloud, Network & security automation.
- In simple it's the CLI of ansible.
YAML templates are used to deploy the required infrastructure.
Components of Playbook are Plays, Modules, Plugins, Inventory
- Top-level specifications for a group of tasks
- Most of the Modules are written in python and in windows it uses Powershell. These are the components with internal logic.
- It enables the expansion of Ansible features.
- Reusable Playbooks
- Collections can have Modules, playbooks, Roles, Plugins Docs, and Tests.