Happy weekend, everyone!
This week may have been the least productive one during my entire challenge. My 51-day streak also ended this week, and I took a two-day break. I just try not to be too hard on myself, because I had personal issues getting in the way. I can still somehow make up for it in the coming weeks.
Let's move on to my weekly retrospective!
- fix the bugs in my company website.
- deploy my company website after cleaning everything up.
- after the website, learn Ghost so I can use it to build my personal blog.
- continue to learn Next.js and Typescript by using concepts while I build my website or maybe just from reading documentations.
- continue studying for Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification.
- continue networking, but allocate less time to this (coding is more important).
Here are the things I've managed to do:
- fix remaining bugs in my company website.
- deployed my company website's homepage.
- learned about Ghost, particularly a Jamstack setup using Next.js frontend deployed on Vercel and Ghost on Heroku as my headless CMS.
- discovered various features in Next.js and Vercel, such as zones, Image Optimization, blurDataURL, and monorepos.
- continue my studies for PSM I (not by much).
- expanded my network.
...I guess it wasn't really that bad?
Moving on, let's tackle what I've managed to do well, what my shortcomings are, and what I could do better next time.
- I successfully deployed my business page.
- learn plenty regarding Ghost.
- enhanced my knowledge in Next.js and Vercel.
- expanded my network a little bit more.
- broke my coding streak and lost my momentum.
- I pretty much neglected a lot of things that had little to nothing to do with my website.
- learned almost nothing new about Typescript and Scrum this week.
- got distracted at times and couldn't focus much.
- learn a little bit even if it's not much, on bad days.
- should probably do just a little bit more of activities related to my secondary goals.
- prioritize tasks that are more likely to help me meet my weekly goals.
- I should DEFINITELY install something that blocks me from checking certain sites at a specific time.
- Content API | Ghost
- Environment Variables | Next.js
- Deployment | Next.js
- Official Next.js tutorial
- The Typescript Handbook
- The 2020 Scrum Guide
- Mikhail Lapshin's Scrum Quizzes
Thank you for the support, everyone! Enjoy your weekend!
This is not a guide, it is just me sharing my experiences and learnings. This post only expresses my thoughts and opinions (based on my limited knowledge) and is in no way a substitute for actual references. If I ever make a mistake or if you disagree, I would appreciate corrections in the comments!
Feel free to reach out to me in other media!