Happy Sunday, everyone!
I had trouble keeping up with my goals this week, because they involved different things. These were learning more about Next.js and Scrum, adding pages to my company site, sending job proposals and cold e-mails, and finally, reviewing some of my skills to prepare for technical interviews. It was honestly overwhelming at times, but it was fairly productive.
Let's move on to my weekly retrospective!
Weekly Sprint Goals
- add more sections to other pages and make them more detailed:
- the Services page could include specific sections for "Website Development," such as Frontend Web Development and Backend Web Development, what kind of technology stacks are used, and so on.
- Digital advertising, for example, could include different types of services and techniques such as email marketing, social media marketing, and the likes.
- Writing also could include different types of writing services, including articles, blogs, and etc.
- continue learning by reading the Next.js documentation.
- continue going through Next.js & React by Maximilian Schwarzmüller.
- learn about SWR and go through the documentation.
- continue to learn more about Scrum, through reading articles and watching videos.
- make reusable templates for answering a job application questions.
- create a template for cold outreach for looking for contract/subcontract work.
- make reusable templates for cold e-mailing businesses to let me work for them (searching for clients).
Here are the things I've managed to do:
- add Web Development and Digital Marketing Services pages (not deployed, because I have one more page to add)
- continue to learn more Next.js by going through Next.js & React by Maximilian Schwarzmüller.
- continued studying Scrum by reading articles on the Scrum.org Scrum Master Learning Path.
- made reusable templates for cold emailing to companies and potential clients.
- expanded my network.
Moving on, let's tackle what I've managed to do well, what my shortcomings are, and what I could do better next time.
What Went Great
- I made some progress with building services pages for my company website.
- I learned more about Next.js, even if just a little bit.
- read more articles about Scrum.
- now, I have templates for reaching out to companies and businesses.
Some Mistakes I've Made
- I forgot to continue reading SWR documentation.
- I didn't finish all of the pages for the Services of my website.
- I wasn't managing my time efficiently.
- I don't have a set structure and schedule for doing things, so I tend to forget them eventually.
Things I Could Improve On
- limit distractions especially when I'm in the middle of work.
- try to do things at the same time and setting if possible to avoid procrastination.
- write more recyclable code (components and styling), so I don't have to keep repeating the same work.
- 2020 Scrum Guide
- Scrum.org Scrum Master Learning Path
- Next.js official documentation
- SWR official documentation
Thank you for the support, everyone! Enjoy your weekend!
This is not a guide, it is just me sharing my experiences and learnings. This post only expresses my thoughts and opinions (based on my limited knowledge) and is in no way a substitute for actual references. If I ever make a mistake or if you disagree, I would appreciate corrections in the comments!
Feel free to reach out to me in other media!
Top comments (0)