Happy weekend, everyone!
Wow, I didn't notice it already is the 50th day.
This week has been fairly productive, which is a nice change of pace from the past two weeks. My Internet coming back helped a lot in restoring my motivation and workflow. I made a lot of progress with my company website, and it is almost ready for deployment (just a few validation fixes on my contact form left).
Let's move on to my weekly retrospective!
- finish the Rammina Web Development website's homepage (and avoid getting distracted by more interesting projects).
- continue to learn Next.js and Typescript by using concepts as I build my website.
- continue studying for Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification.
- continue networking, but allocate less time to this (coding is more important).
Here are the things I've managed to do:
- I finished most of the home page skeleton, styling, and responsive layout.
- almost completed a functional contact form that uses AWS SES, Lambda, and API Gateway (just need to improve error handling and validation).
- learned plenty about Next.js and AWS.
- continue my studies for PSM I (not by much).
- expanded my network more (but this one took a backseat).
Moving on, let's tackle what I've managed to do well, what my shortcomings are, and what I could do better next time.
- I pretty much finished my first prototype homepage for the Rammina Web Development website.
- continued to hone my expertise on AWS, particularly AWS SES, Lambda, and API Gateway.
- learned more Next.js.
- studied Scrum as well as Kanban.
- expanded my network a little bit more.
- I pretty much neglected a lot of things that had little to nothing to do with my website.
- learned almost nothing new about Typescript this week.
- barely learned new things about Next.js.
- didn't study Scrum enough.
- got distracted at times and couldn't focus much.
- should probably do just a little bit more of activities related to my secondary goals.
- make a schedule to do my daily learnings, so I don't have to think about it too much.
- prioritize tasks that are more likely to help me meet my weekly goals.
- I should DEFINITELY install something that blocks me from checking certain sites at a specific time.
- Using AWS Lambda with Amazon API Gateway
- Troubleshooting issues with HTTP API Lambda integrations
- Official Next.js tutorial
- The Typescript Handbook
- The 2020 Scrum Guide
- Mikhail Lapshin's Scrum Quizzes
Thank you once again, everyone! Have a great weekend!
This is not a guide, it is just me sharing my experiences and learnings. This post only expresses my thoughts and opinions (based on my limited knowledge) and is in no way a substitute for actual references. If I ever make a mistake or if you disagree, I would appreciate corrections in the comments!
Feel free to reach out to me in other media!